Tuesday, January 5, 2010

We're still here!

Sorry about that last kind of depressing post. I seem to post more when I'm in a bad mood than when I'm happy. Really, I'm happy most of the time - even if it doesn't seem like it according to my blog. New Year's got much better after I wrote that post - we met some friends to go swimming which was a lot of fun and went out to a nice dinner. So, yes, I guess I am still one year closer to oblivion, but at least I'm having fun in the meantime.


It's funny the things that make toddlers happy. Today I bought them some stacking cups for $1 at a consignment store figuring they'd play with them for a few minutes before getting bored. But, no, they spent a good 45 minutes of quiet, concentrated play with the cups - stacking them together, building towers, carrying them around and putting them on various surfaces. They even kind of played with the cups together in what could almost be called *gasp* "sharing".  Sometimes the simplest toys are the best toys.  I think they played more with the stacking cups in an afternoon than with the fancy play kitchen I bought them a month ago! 


1 comment:

Corinna said...

you'll get a lot of bang for that buck on the stacking cups. They'll keep coming back to them - great in the bath too!