Saturday, June 19, 2010
Potty Humor
Josh and I were feeling a little depressed and irritable this evening after picking up our 11 year old dog from the doggie hospital where she was being treated for a really bad stomach flu (I didn't even know dogs could get the stomach flu...). The vet had assured me when I dropped her off a few days earlier that the treatment would cost about $500 which seemed like a lot to pay for an old dog, but not totally unreasonable. Well, the bill when I picked her up was for $1,000 - twice what we were expecting. $1,000 for a case of dog diarrhea - ugh - the thought of it upsets my own stomach.
Anyways, we had just picked up the dog, paid the huge bill and I was getting the girls dressed after their baths. I was putting lotion on Kate and getting her diaper on when Josh walked in and sat down next to us. I noticed a naked Maya streaking by in the hallway and mentioned to Josh that Maya still didn't have a diaper on. Not 15 seconds later I heard Maya exclaim "I poo-ed!". I was about to ask Josh "did she just say 'I poo-ed'?" when Maya came running in and again said "I poo-ed" and then held out her hand to proudly show us her "accomplishment". This just sent Josh and I over the edge and - after we disposed of the evidence and did a thorough hand washing - we just collapsed in laughter. Maya was just so proud of herself and it was so startling to see our sweet little girl holding a load of poop in her little fist. Ah, parenthood...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment