This morning we headed back to another pool for a party and had a spectacular time playing in the water, eating nachos poolside and trying to keep Kate from flinging herself in the deep end. Kate just can't be still - she is constantly moving, squirming, running, climbing and wants to do everything by herself. It doesn't make for a relaxing time at the pool, but it was still fun.
Speaking of doing everything herself, Kate is determined to dress herself these days and spent an hour quietly trying to pull on a "skort" (skirt with shorts build in) by herself. She did actually partly succeed, too. She ended up pulling her diaper off and got the skort almost all the way on except for her little butt hanging out. She seemed to think it was an acceptable look, but unfortunately I had to fix it before we went out in public. She didn't like this too much and I guess I don't blame her. She worked so hard to get that skort on and had to have her handiwork corrected by mama. Life is so unfair when you're 19 months old.
No comments:
Post a Comment