I finally decided that it was time to permanently pack up Kate and Maya's bottles and make the leap to just drinking milk with meals and for snacks out of cups. They've only been having two bottles a day for the past six months or so and for quite a while Maya really didn't care one way or the other if she had a bottle. Kate was getting to that point, too. It was actually very easy - they were excited to drink their evening milk from an open cup "like Petra" (their six year old friend), and didn't even seem to miss their bottles. It's kind of strange and nice for me to have the whole bottle thing behind us. Bottle feeding was such a royal pain in the neck when they were little and I'm happy we've moved on to bigger and better things.
Like baking...
Being the big, bottle-free girls that they are, I let them "help" me make a cake this afternoon. Kate took her cake making responsibilities very seriously and actually listened to what I told her to do. She spooned the pumpkin into the bowl and stirred it as if her life depended on it. Maya, on the other hand, was more interested in making designs in the spilled flour and trying to lick the spoon, although she did do a good job turning the mixer on and off.
No comments:
Post a Comment