Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mai tai dreaming

Some days it's hard to be a stay at home mom to twin one year olds. Most of the time, I enjoy it and, really, I'm always glad that I am able to stay home with the girls. However, there are those days when I wish I could just stop the world and get off for a few days - maybe sit on a tropical beach under a palm tree with a mai tai and a good book. Today I would even settle for just sitting on my couch under a blanket with a beer and a bunch of DVDs(something I'm planning on doing as soon as I'm done with this post).

There was nothing really specifically difficult about this day except for about 30 minutes around 2 PM when I was trying to give the girls their bottles, change two poopy diapers and keep two tired, cranky babies from injuring themselves at the same time. (The girls get very uncoordinated when they are tired and cranky). The rest of the day was the same as always - making dinner and cleaning during the girls' nap time, feeding them three meals plus snacks and trying not to mind that they throw most of the food on the floor or smear it in their hair, and then trying to entertain them without losing my own mind. I do love reading to them and playing with them, but somedays I feel like if I have to read "Jam Berry" (one berry, two berries, pick me a blueberry) one more time, I'm going to scream.

In any case, here are some cute baby pictures...

I know these are little past due, but I guess I haven't downloaded pictures from my camera in a while. Here are a few super cute ones of Kate on Halloween.




And how about some double chub in the tub?

No comments: