Monday, November 10, 2008

First night at home

We survived the first night at home with both girls! It was very stressful for me to come home and try to unpack and get everything organized while also trying to take care of the girls. I feel much better this morning after spending several hours last night and this morning while they were sleeping putting things away and getting the nursery more organized. And, luckily my parents were here with a lovely meal, so at least we got to eat.

It is going to be challenging to take care of two babies. They need to eat every three hours now and the feedings (including changing and cuddling) take at least an hour and a half, so that only leaves about an hour or so to sleep at a time. Luckily there are two of us, so we can pretty much switch off every other feeding when it works.

Last night both of them woke up to be fed at the same time and were both howling. I had to wake Josh up to feed one while I fed one, too. I guess twins have to get used to waiting their turn, but it's hard to listen to them crying when I can't do anything about it.

This afternoon Josh needs to go run some errands, so I'll be alone with the babies for the first time. Also, we'll need to give them a bath for the first time at home sometime today. There will be lots of firsts happening from now on, I think!

Well, it's almost time for the next feeding. When I find the camera, I'll post some new pictures.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on bringing home two healthy, happy baby girls! I'm looking forward to meeting them as soon as you're ready to cope with visitors (don't worry, I won't be dropping by unannounced on the way back from Moab). In the meantime, post some pictures!

BTW, what does Rosie think of the new arrivals?

Twin Mama said...

Hi, Rosie was pretty laid back about the babies. She is staying at my parents until we can get our bearings, but was there when we first brought them home.

We're up for visitors whenever you get into town and feel up for it! Be warned, visitors will be put to work feeding, burping, and cuddling.

Ashtangi said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got to bring them both home at once!!! Congratulations, and so soon!

Thank you for setting up this blog - it's great to be able to keep up with the twins from afar. They're adorable.

xoxxo
Katie