Well, we've made it through the first three nights with the girls. We've been trying to switch off getting up in the middle of the night so we each can get at least six hours of uninterrupted sleep. This works out pretty well, but it can get hairy sometimes when one baby is being fed and the other one wakes up crying. This happened to me last night and it's heart rending to hear your baby crying and not be able to do anything about it. I guess twins just have to learn to be patient sometimes.
I did finally figure out how to pick both of them up at the same time last night - I was nervous about doing this, but when both of them were fussy and crying at the same time, I didn't really have a choice. I managed to pick them up and get them to the chair, but wasn't able to position them properly, so Maya was kind of sitting on top of Kate's legs in a big pile of babies. They both seemed to love this and they fell fast asleep almost instantly - which was a relief after the fussiness. I've started putting them to sleep right next to each (instead of separated by a foot or so as I had been doing) and they seem to like this a lot, too.
Oh, and we had our first outing yesterday - going to the pediatrician. They did awesome in the car - feel right asleep as soon as we strapped them in their carseats. They continue to gain weight - Kate is now 4lb15oz (almost 5 lbs!) and Maya is 5lb9oz.
I don't have any new pictures because I can't find the charger for the camera and the battery is dead. I'll try to find that today and post some new pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment