Today was Kate and Maya's four month birthday and we celebrated by going to the pediatrician for their checkup and vaccines. They did awesome - they smiled and cooed at the nurses and the doctor and were their normal happy, winsome selves. Maya is now 13 lbs and Kate is 12lb6oz and I think both babies were 23.5" long. They are right around the 20th percentile for their actual age, so have moved up from not being on the chart at all when they were first born and on the 5th percentile at 2 months.
Kate and Maya did great with their shots today. They, of course, screamed at the top of their lungs while they were getting the shots (three of them today), but calmed down very quickly and then feel straight asleep as soon as they went into their carseats. When they woke up, they were happy and mellow. Kate spent a good part of the evening snoozing in my friend Claire's arms and Maya played quietly in the jungle gym and in her bouncy seat. They were so mellow that Claire and I even got to watch a movie.
I can't believe that Kate and Maya have only been in the world for four months. I really can't imagine my life without them now. Even though I sometimes have "those" moments when I'm overwhelmed or stressed, I am thankful and happy every day that I have the opportunity to be the mother to these wonderful little people. I feel so lucky, too, that we have so many people in our lives who love and care for the babies - and are willing and happy to help. We are truly blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment