Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nova Scotia Travelogue

I've been really enjoying my time here in Nova Scotia. It's a very different experience to spend a whole month in one place on a vacation rather than travelling all around and moving from place to place. It's another good reason to have children - babies force you to slow down and just sit and enjoy a place.

Today I saw a bald eagle flying slowly over the road we were driving on. Then, later, I walked down to the water in front of the house and was walking along the shoreline when I saw what was either a very large, strange looking dolphin or a whale. It was quite close to shore and I watched it for a while - it was just slowly ambling up the coast. An old, crusty Nova Scotian who was picking up detrius washed up on shore walked by and asked if I saw the whale - so, I guess it wasn't just a very large dolphin.

Here are a few pictures from the area.

A view of the shoreline near the house


Mahone Bay, a pretty little town about 45 minutes from here


We visited a Nova Scotia Duck Toller breeder today



And, of course, I can't post without pictures of Kate and Maya.

Here's Kate - isn't she pretty?


And, here's Maya getting into the DVDs.

1 comment:

Ashtangi said...

I'm jealous that you got to see a whale! That's so cool. xo Katie