There have been lots of new developments in Kate and Maya-land. Maya is talking up a storm and now says (in a mostly appropriate context) mama, dada and dog. She spent all this evening saying "duck" over and over again but I'm not sure she knows what this means - I think she just likes the sound of it. Kate knows mama and dada, but doesn't babble as much as Maya does. Both girls are understanding a lot of what we say now. For example, if I ask where the dog is, they'll look at Rosie and if I ask if they want to watch the "Wiggles", they'll both look at the TV and clap their hands.
Maya and Kate are also standing without holding onto anything for about 5-10 seconds now. They both have good balance and will wave their arms around to keep from falling. I think this means that walking is just around the corner! I've been enjoying the crawling stage - they can get where they want to go, but I can still wrangle them pretty easily. We'll see what happens when they start walking/sprinting.
I took the afternoon off today and ran errands BY MYSELF! It was wonderful to be able to do my errands without worrying about baby schedules and getting them in and out of the car at every store. I went to seven different stores and did all sorts of shopping I've been needing to do - something that would have taken days and a lot of screaming with the girls. I think I need to get away and do things like this a bit more often - I feel much more refreshed and energized after a few hours to myself.
Maya standing
No comments:
Post a Comment