Monday, August 31, 2009

I know this blog kind of has a "what I did with my summer vacation" feel to it. I have ideas for meatier posts floating through my head during the day, but my ambition to write them fizzles out by the evening. This leaves me with easy to write baby milestones and "what we did today" posts. It's kind of like the other half finished (or not even started) projects I'm working on - the security blankets I've been working on for Kate and Maya, the wall hangings I started months ago that just need a binding, the gifts I want to sew for birthdays and Christmas, the craft project I want to try, the unfinished rug hooking project, etc. But, the dishes are done, the floor is swept and ready for more baby crawling and the girls are clean, fed and tucked into bed - and that's got to be good enough for now.

So - on to more "what I did with my summer"...

Today Kate, Maya and I met up with my friend, Laurel (hi Laurel!) and her three year old son, Liam at a beautiful beach. I was a little hesitant to take Kate and Maya back to a beach after the rather miserable previous beach experiences I had with them. The past few times we've tried the beach it's been too hot or too sunny or too windy - and there is always way too much sand eating and crying. We did much better at the beach today, though there was still quite a bit of sand eating and a bit of fussing. After the beach we hit the nearby baby pool which was much more fun. I was feeling very spoiled and lucky to be able to hang out at a private Tahoe beach and then swim in a luxury baby pool.

Maya playing with buckets of water


Note the identical twins on the lounge chairs behind us. I hope Kate and Maya are still hanging out on a beach together when they are that age, too!

No comments: