Our babies are quite possibly the most precocious teethers ever - Maya's first two molars broke through today at the ripe young age of not quite 11 months - and an adjusted age that is 9.5 months. It doesn't even seem possible that my baby is now the proud owner of 10 brand new teeth. She's been doing a lot of exploring of her newfound chompers and can frequently be found with her finger in her mouth pressing on the molars. I don't blame her, it must be confusing and exciting to wake up one morning and discover two new and giant teeth sprouted overnight. This means that Kate should have molars by her first birthday as she seems about a month behind Maya in the teething department.
The girls have been doing so well on the eating and napping front. I am sometimes flabbergasted at how much the girls will eat if I give them something they are really into. I made a beef stew yesterday and Maya was literally shovelling the food in double fisted while making growling sounds. Between the four of us we ate 2 pounds of stewing beef, 1 pound of potatoes and several carrots and celery sticks in two meals. And, a lot of that was consumed by our ravenous babies...
No comments:
Post a Comment