I thought we were home free with the latest mystery virus when Maya finally got over her fever and was back to her normal, happy self. We had a day or two of relative health in the house before Kate came down with what appears to be the same virus Maya had. (Well, I'm HOPING it's the same virus and Maya already has immunity to it). Poor Kate spiked a 104.5 fever last night and spent all night crying, whimpering - and not sleeping. I think last night might have been the least amount of sleep that we've had since the girls were colicky newborns. Luckily both girls took nice long naps this morning, so I was able to take a nap, too. Josh wasn't so lucky because he had to work, so he passed out in bed at 8:30.
I feel like we're missing a lot of the Christmas festivities because of this dumb virus. We've missed a few holiday parties, still don't have a tree, don't have Christmas pictures and, thus, don't have Christmas cards, etc. I'm thinking the Christmas cards may turn into President's Day cards this year.
So, I'm crossing my fingers that Kate gets some sleep - we all need it - and that she's feeling better in the morning. Also hoping that the new snow storm turns out to be a bust. I can't believe I just said that - I'm always the one hoping and praying for snow - but, I'd really like to not be stuck in the house all weekend!
Oh, and one thing about having back to back sick babies is that I've become very good at estimating a fever by feeling a forehead. I can generally guess within a decimal point or two now! How's that for a party trick?
No comments:
Post a Comment