Kate
Today at the local Kid's Museum we were playing with these hollow tubes that are mostly designed for kids to roll balls through them. Kate and Maya were doing just that and having a grand time. I was getting a little bored, though, so put one of the tubes near my mouth and sang "helllooooo" into it. Kate thought that seemed like a good idea and decided to try herself. She grabbed a tube, put it near her mouth and then hesitated for a second.
I knew what she was thinking when she hesitated. Namely - "what do I say?". I was wondering this myself because I haven't heard her say "HELLO" yet. At the moment her favorite all purpose word by far is "this". "This" along with a finger point seems to cover just about everything a toddler needs or wants.
Anyways, Kate hesitated a brief moment and then said "THIS!" loudly into the tube. It didn't have quite the same effect as "HELLLOOOO" but Kate seemed satisfied by it nonetheless.
Maya
Even though we only let the girls watch one Baby Einstein or Wiggles video a day and no other TV or videos, Maya still loves TV. She has taken to pointing at the TV frequently during the day, looking at me and then saying "EINS, EINS, EINS" as in "Hey Mom, put on some Baby Einstein". I generally tell her that it's not time for Baby Einstein and to go do something else.
I wonder, though, if she thinks that I'm just not understanding her and today she clearly said "EINS-TEIN" (her first two syllable word!) instead of her usual "EINS". She said it slowly while looking at me as if to say "I know you're kind of slow, so I'm going to speak very slowly and enunciate..."
No comments:
Post a Comment