Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cute things my children have done recently...

This might be the world's most boring blog entry unless you are directly related (as in grandmother) to Kate and Maya. So, Grammy and Nana this one is for you...

  • I took the girls out to their music class this afternoon in blizzard (we were the only ones who showed up!) and didn't want to deal with the double stroller in the six+ inches of slush in the parking lot.  So, I just pulled both girls out and decided to carry them into class.  I ended up having to hold both them in one arm (that's almost 50 pounds of baby in one arm) while I locked the car.  The girls thought this was funny and were laughing and giggling.  I guess don't know why I thought this was so cute but we must have made quite a sight. Good thing I have long arms!
  • When I bring Kate down from a nap and Maya is already awake Maya says "KATE!".  (Kind of like the people did on "Cheers" when Norm walked in - wow, did I just date myself or what?). 
  • Kate will give Maya a little push when she's on the slide (see below video).
  • This morning I babysat a friend's kid, "A", who is exactly the same age as Kate and Maya.  When A's mom left and she was crying, both Kate and Maya walked up to her to give her a kiss and pat her on the head.  I'm not sure if "A" appreciated this, but it was a very sweet gesture.  

No comments: