It's been a tough week and I'm so glad it's finally over! It turned out that Kate didn't have an ear infection, but instead had a nasty case of roseola. Maya had it a month or so ago and had a high fever for a day or two but wasn't noticeably cranky and got better very quickly. Kate, on the other hand, has spent almost every waking moment since Sunday crying and fussing, refused to eat anything except milk and an occasional blueberry and wanted to be held and carried around constantly. It was kind of like having a 23 pound newborn. We spent a lot of time cuddled in the rocking chair watching the Wiggles and Baby Einstein. (this meant that I was awake all night last night with Wiggles songs running through my head - I'll be happy if I never have to watch the Wiggles ever again).
Unfortunately, Josh had to be away for work for four nights this week, so we didn't have DADA around to help out. However, we did have the next best thing to DADA - that would be NANA (aka "The grandmother formerly known as Grandma"). I was so grateful to my mom for spending two nights and a full day with us. She basically took over caring for Maya all day Wednesday while Kate and I were ensconced in the rocking chair the watching the Wiggles. Nana took Maya to toddler gym, feed her dinner, played with her, etc.
I've been feeling very lucky and grateful these days to have so much support and help. Between my parents, my aunt and uncle, friends and neighbors and "M" (the babysitter) I really only had a few hours by myself with both girls this week even though Josh was away. Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Maury even came over to babysit Maya at the last minute when we took Kate to the ER on Sunday night.
So, thanks mom, dad, Aunt Bonnie, Uncle Maury, and Claire for helping us out this week! I don't know what we'd do without you!
No comments:
Post a Comment