Monday, March 15, 2010

The joy of twins


I've written a lot over the past 16.5 months about how difficult it is dealing with baby twins.  For me, it was hard to find any benefits of having twins in the first year or so.  Yeah, there were a few benefits -  including the considerable cuteness factor of two babies the same age and all the attention we got (though, sometimes this was a negative, too).  However, for me, the double crying, double diapers, double feedings, double car seats - pretty much double everything definitely overshadowed the good parts of having baby twins.

However, now that the girls are getting older, I am finally getting a glimpse of how amazing and fun it is to have twins.  They have become so sweet with each other in the last month or two - giving each other kisses, bringing each other their blankies when the other one is upset, washing each other's back in the tub, giggling together, etc.  They generally stick together at playgroups or when we're out in public and because of their constant companion they seem more confident and less shy than some of the "singletons" we encounter.  I think they are becoming each other's best friend - I love it.  

All in all, life is good and getting better.

In other news, Nana and Grandpa visited today and helped take the girls to toddler gym and hang out with us.  Kate adores her grandpa and wanted to sit in his lap, snuggle and hold his hand all day.  Here's a picture of Kate being very happy to sit on grandpa's lap at lunch.

1 comment:

Myg (Mercy Brown) said...

I haven't checked in here for awhile and wow-those girls are so big! I know what you mean, that first year is really difficult. Sometimes you just have no idea how you're going to make it. I think it's getting a lot better as the get older and able to do more things too. And they do love each other, which gives me a magnitude of warm fuzzies I can't even describe.