Tuesday, May 18, 2010
It's my blog, I can whine if I want to...
I just checked the weather forecast and even though it's almost June, the weather forecast is calling for possible snow showers, rain and generally cold and crappy weather. I wouldn't mind it so much but the landscapers can't finish our backyard landscaping until the weather warms up and dries up. So until the rain and snow stop, we're stuck with a mud and dirt pit in the backyard. I guess my dream of lounging back there with a book and a diet coke while the girls play quietly (and safely) by themselves will have to stay shelved for a little longer.
On top of the crappy weather, the girls and Josh came down with a nasty flu over the weekend and we've been stuck inside the house waiting to get better. Poor Kate had a high fever last night and was up quite a bit last night. My sweet Maya, bless her heart, slept 12 hours despite all the commotion and screaming coming from Kate's room. This is why the girls sleep in different rooms - if they were still in the same room, both girls would have been awake and miserable instead of just one.
Despite the illness and the miserable weather, we have actually been having some fun and have been trying to keep ourselves entertained inside. The girls' attention span is getting a little longer so they can actually sit and concentrate on things like playing with play doh, "drawing" and other things like this. Today they spent almost an hour putting the play doh in and out of the container and taking the lid on and off. It's strange the things that fascinate toddlers. They are also a bit obsessed with bunnies these days (Kate especially) so in a bored moment, I drew a bunny for her on a sheet of paper she was scribbling on. She loved it and now is constantly requesting that I draw bunnies for her. I'm possibly the world's worst artist, so it's unusual and kind of nice to have someone so appreciative of my artistic endeavors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment