Monday, May 10, 2010

Snow, snow go away

Dear Mother Nature, 

In case you forgot - it's mid-May not January. Don't get me wrong - the freshly fallen 6+ inches of snow and temps in the 20s is lovely. Rather, it would be lovely in February. Now that the ski resorts are closed and we're ready to play in the backyard, it's just kind of annoying.

Poor Kate and Maya didn't understand why they couldn't go "outside, outside, outside" in the white-out this afternoon.  I suppose I could have dragged out their snowsuits, mittens and other winter gear, but I just am done with the whole winter thing.  So, we had to settle for watching the snow fall and watching a Wiggles video.

I'm ready for short sleeves, sun dresses and cute sandals.  Are you listening Mother Nature?


Oh, and here's a picture of the girls playing with their new "Sand and Water" table on a sunnier day.  It keeps them very busy!

No comments: