Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Wiggles

I cancelled our satellite TV a while ago, so don't get any TV at all(we live in the boonies, so don't get any broadcast TV). I did this because I don't want Kate and Maya with their innocent, developing brains to get exposed to the garbage that's on TV. However, I have to admit to playing "The Wiggles" videos to the girls when they get really fussy or when I need a moment to get something done around the house. "The Wiggles" are an Australian group who sing, dance and recite nursery rhymes and Kate and Maya LOVE THEM. I can plop them in front of the Wiggles and have peace and quiet for at least a few minutes - really, how much harm can a few minutes of "The Wiggles" singing "This Old Man" do to their brain development?

Here are photos of Kate and Maya entranced by the Wiggles and eating apple slices in their teething baskets this afternoon.

No comments: