Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend Escape

Josh and I took advantage of a company meeting this weekend to leave Kate and Maya with the grandparents and spend a two baby-less days in the beautiful Sonoma wine ountry. Josh had to work, but I took full advantage of the lovely hotel and spa - it was really a little decadent. I spent one afternoon getting a massage and then floating around the shaded, 85 degree pool, drinking wine and eating pizza delivered poolside. I also saw TWO great movies (Up! and Star Trek). However, I was definitely ready to come home and see the girls after two days away from them, and I couldn't wait for them to wake up this morning so I could give them a big hug and a kiss.

Kate and Maya did great with the grandparents. We came home to a clean house (including a clean fridge - something I've been meaning to clean for a month), sleeping babies and happy grandparents. We are so incredibly lucky to have parents nearby who are willing and able to take care of twin babies. I didn't worry even for a minute while we were away because I know that grandma and grandpa love and care for Kate and Maya just as much as we do.

They still have their colds and Maya's poor gums are even more inflamed, but I think they're on the mend and I'm hoping that Maya's teeth will appear soon. All in all the girls have very stoic about their colds and the teething.

Here's a picture of Kate and Maya outside playing with the grass today.

No comments: