Sunday, March 15, 2009

Teeth!

When we saw the pediatrician two weeks ago, she said that Maya was starting to get teeth. Dr. Grandma also thought so based on how fussy and drooly she's been. I was skeptical since most babies don't get teeth until they are six + months old. However, this morning when Maya grinned, I saw two brand new little teeth! Since the teeth broke through, she's been thankfully much happier, eating better and less moist.

Kate has really started to enjoy "tummy time". She used to get really upset after only a few seconds of tummy time, but now she seems to enjoy just hanging out on her stomach on the floor. This is good news because "tummy time" helps build those muscles she'll need to crawl. (I have a feeling that Kate will be doing some sort of crawling in the next few months.)

Here are a few new pictures of Kate. (I'll try to post some of Maya soon. She's been so fussy with the teething, that getting happy pictures of her has been difficult.)
Kate doing tummy time


Kate and Shea (also a twin) doing tummy time together.


Kate sitting in the "bumbo" chair with friend Ariah (Shea's sister)

2 comments:

Allison and Anthony said...

One down and 19 to go! Maybe Maya's like me. I got all my teeth in early - I had the full set in before my 2nd birthday - maybe a Bright family gene!

Twin Mama said...

Two down, actually! She got two teeth at the same time - wierd, huh? I guess Josh got teeth at 3 months, too, so maybe they have a double dose of the early teething gene.