My mom had to leave at 2:30 today, so I was flying solo the rest of the day. It went well - I even did bathtime by myself. Of course, this means that one baby is howling in protest at being left in the swing while I bath the other one. The noise level in the house was enough to drive Rosie upstairs away from the commotion.
We've gotten into a very nice schedule and the babies seem to be on the waning side of the current fussy age. There was actually not very much crying today (bathtime notwithstanding) and both babies took decently long naps. I was worried that they wouldn't want to go to bed after taking nice naps during the day, but they went to bed peacefully and happily and fell right to sleep. It's nice to be able to count on them going to sleep without a fuss and sleeping well for a long time - it's a nice time to be able to cleanup the house, get things ready for the next day and relax a bit.
Oh, and if you're wondering how I feed two babies at the same time by myself - here's a picture. It was important to me that the babies get cuddled while they eat - and necessary that I feed them at the same time during the day (otherwise there is a lot of screaming by the baby who has to wait to get fed) - and this is how I accomplish that. Now that the they are getting better head and neck control, I can even burp them at the same time, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment