Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sleep update

It's been really wonderful having Pam here. We're all getting spoiled and it will be so difficult for me to go back to solo twin care when she goes home. Today we went to my parent's house and the babies got lots of attention from both grandma's.

And a sleeping update:
After that night when both babies were awake most of the night, I decided that we needed to really start adhering to a pretty strict schedule with the babies during the day and make sure that they had the same night routine and bedtime every night. I put them on a three hour schedule during the day where they first eat, then play and then rest/sleep until the next feeding and I try to keep them awake for at least 1.5 hours for each three hour increment. At night they get put into PJs, swaddled, and put to bed by 8:30 PM. Since we started that three nights ago the girls have gone to bed very easily and peacefully. Last night they slept an unbelievable seven hours straight and would have slept longer, but I was worried about them and woke them up. I'm not sure if it's just a fluke or a result of the schedule, but whatever the reason, it makes life a lot more bearable and pleasant.

No comments: