I just weighed the babies yesterday and they are getting quite hefty. Maya weighs in at almost 12 pounds and Kate is up to 11.5 pounds. They are almost exactly on the 50th percentile for their actual age (based on their birthdate) and in the 95th percentile for their adjusted age (based on their due date). This is a huge change from when they were born and didn't even make the chart for their adjusted/gestational age (they were below the 5th percentile). In fact, at last month's pediatrician appointment, the nurse was excited because they finally made the 5th percentile for their actual age. Maya has become very "pleasingly plump" (as my grandmother would have said) with big fat rolls on her thighs - and Kate is a little slimmer but a bit taller, I think. I think Maya takes after me as I hear I was a chubby baby, too.
I'm wondering if they need to move off of the "preemie" formula that has more 2 extra calories per ounce and go to the regular baby formula. I'll ask the doctor next week...
1 comment:
Wow! They weigh a lot more than Allison did when she was their age!
Post a Comment