10 days of hospitalized bedrest, c-section and five days recovery - $50,000+*
Two babies in the NICU for 14 days - $60,000
A baby's first smile - priceless
We got the hospital bill for the Maya's stay in the NICU today. Her stay was $30,000 - haven't gotten Kate's yet, but I'm sure hers will be a bit more because she needed IVs and a bit more care when she was born. The health insurance hasn't paid the claim yet - they say it's under "review". I'm sure they'll pay, but it will make us feel better when we get confirmation.
Also today, Maya smiled for the first time. I was singing Jingle Bells to her and she broke out in a big toothless grin. (yes, I'm still singing Christmas carols - they're the only songs I know all the words to) Luckily she's not too picky about singing actually being in key - it's nice to have an appreciative audience.
*not all the bills have come in yet
2 comments:
You should look at ultimate guitar tabs - then you could sing '80's stuff like we rock out to, and much, much more. Got to start the kiddos off young.
Good idea - actually, I forgot that we have a guitar tab book of all sorts of pop/rock music. I might have to break that out. Christmas music gets kind of old...
Post a Comment