Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sleep, wonderful, sleep.

I've been getting more sleep than a mother of infant twins ought to. Between the babies sleeping well and the help I got from Josh's mom and my parents, I've probably been averaging 9 hours a night! I've been hesitant to post this for fear of jinxing it, but the babies have been actually sleeping almost through the night for the past two weeks. They have been going to bed with minimal fussing and are sleeping between six and eight hour stretches. Last night I actually slept from 10 PM to 7:30 AM because my parents spent the night and did the night feeding. I feel so refreshed and happy - and, more importantly, the babies seem really happy, too. I think they like to sleep at night, too.

In other news, the weather here has been very warm - in the 60s in the shade during the day. It's unfortunate for the drought situation, but it makes it pleasant to do things outside. Yesterday, I took both babies outside on the deck in their bouncy chairs and they loved it. They seemed fascinated and were looking all around. Here's a picture of them...


And here's a picture of Maya with her grandpa.

No comments: