Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Colds, and teething, and crying, oh my!

I had a feeling that after such a perfect weekend of hanging out at the beach, going on walks, and a BBQ that our good luck must be coming to an end.

I was unfortunately proven right yesterday when Josh noticed the tiniest stream of clear snot dripping out of Kate's nose yesterday. She has now developed a full-blown cold along with a nice case of diarrhea. This, of course, has made for a very cranky baby - one who was up for a good part of the night crying. Maya doesn't seem to have the cold yet, but I know it's just a matter of time before she gets it, too. In the meantime has her top two front teeth coming in and is cranky from that.

I have to say that even though for the most part last night and today was kind of bad, there have been a few funny, if gross, moments. Kate had two blow-out diarrhea diapers today - the kind that, no exaggeration, get poop all the way up to her ears. During the last one, I got her pretty much cleaned up, in a fresh diaper, and then turned my back to throw the dirty diaper away. When I turned back to look at Kate she had a poopy wipe (I guess I missed some when I was cleaning up) in each hand and was waving them around like an air traffic controller and grinning. Hmm, maybe this is only funny if you've been dealing with two fussy babies all day and night...

1 comment:

Myg (Mercy Brown) said...

Oh poor babies! Crossing my fingers for you...