Saturday, May 2, 2009

Half a year

I haven't posted in a while because life was just kind of hectic and tiring last week. Kate has decided that she likes to eat at 3 AM again and nothing can dissuade her from this. I've tried ignoring her cries and babbles, giving her water, cuddling - but the only thing she wants then is a nice bottle. At some point soon I have to lay down the law, but right now I'm just giving in and feeding her

The big news is that Kate and Maya are now a half a year old! They celebrated by a visit to the pediatrician for their vaccines and a check up. They are officially caught up weight and height wise and at 15lb13oz (Kate) and 15lb7oz (Maya) are both in the 50th percentile for weight and head size for their actual age and 25th for height.

I've decided that we may have two tough babies - Maya only cried for about 10 seconds after her three shots and Kate cried just a bit longer. When we got them home, they played, laughed and were happy all afternoon - not what I would expect from babies who just got their vaccines. They also had a mild cold last week and it didn't slow them down or make them noticeably more fussy. They slept fine, ate fine and just went through their day like normal. I wonder if their time in the NICU actually made them more able to deal with adversity, if having a twin makes things easier, or maybe its just genetics.

Our "Baby and Me" class came to an end on Friday and we did a group photo shoot of all the babies. Hmm, this is one less baby than a set of octuplets...


And here's Kate and Maya wondering what's going on.

No comments: