Kate, Maya and I reached new heights of commotion and fussiness yesterday when we had to take a "time-out" during "Baby and Me" class. This tells you something about the level of fussiness because this is a class full of babies between the ages of 6 weeks and 8 months - and we were the only ones who I've seen in the 10 weeks of class who need to take a time-out during class. The thing was that it didn't bother me - even when a friend called after class to say that she felt for me and that everyone knew I was just doing the best I could. It made me realize that I've come a long way since the Kate and Maya were born. If this had happened to me a few months ago I would have been wracked with doubt and guilt and wondering if I was a "bad" mother. Now, I truly do know that I am doing the best I can and that we're all doing just fine. (And, really, they are usually pretty happy babies, I think they just get overwhelmed at the commotion at Baby and Me.)
In any case, here's a picture of Maya and a friend in the infant swings on Sunday with Kate in her own swing in the background. They love the swings! Cute, huh?

And, here's a happy Kate in her swing
No comments:
Post a Comment