After lots of trial foot thumping and wriggling, Kate has figured out how to actually make forward (or backwards?) progress while lying on her back (see video for demonstration). She is getting pretty good at it and can scoot across a room in a few seconds if she's really motivated. We've taken to putting padding all around the living room so she doesn't scoot into anything hard.
Kate has also learned how to roll from her back to her front - which makes the "back to sleep" thing challenging. I've spent lots of quality time sitting by her crib and flipping her back onto her back. (I wouldn't even mind if she slept on her stomach now since I figure the SIDS danger is pretty minimal at this point, but she doesn't like to sleep on her stomach and gets upset if I leave her in that position). Hopefully she'll learn how to flip from stomach to back soon!
Maya is much less wriggly than Kate and shows no interest in forward or backwards motion. She is happy however I place her (on her back or stomach) and sees no reason to roll either way. Of course, so as not to be upstaged by her on-the- go sister, she's now started to say "mama" when she's upset. I'm not taking this as a real "mama" yet, but it's still pretty endearing. She also holds out her arms to be picked up when I walk by.
Here's a kind of long video of Kate back scooting around the nursery and looking at herself in the mirror.
No comments:
Post a Comment