Sunday, May 24, 2009

Taking bananas from a baby, etc.

(I've decided that whoever came up with those phrases - "like taking candy from a baby" or "sleeps like a baby" must not have actually ever had any experience with a real baby.)

Maya has decided that she REALLY likes food - especially bananas and mangoes. I was eating a banana today while holding Maya and, since she's had bananas and liked them before, I thought I'd give her a lick of the banana. Instead of a polite lick, she grabbed the whole thing and tried to take a big bite out of it. Of course, this isn't a great thing for a baby from a choking hazard standpoint, so I had to remove the banana from her grip - which prompted a very loud, angry, and prolonged squeal. I quickly put some in her teething basket (a very cool product, btw) and she was happy again.

OK, and here are a bunch of pictures from today. Sorry there are so many, but I couldn't stop taking pictures on the walk we went on today. It's been a spectacular spring here and the camus lilies, the wildflower in below pics, are in full bloom.

Kate in the field of camus lilies



Maya


Maya, Kate and I


And, here's just a view picture. We really live in a beautiful place.


Here's one of the poodle we're currently dogsitting sitting in Kate's lap in the car.

2 comments:

Myg (Mercy Brown) said...

1. Those little girls are adorable, totally utterly so.

2. You really DO live in a beautiful place. I can assure you, there's nowhere in Jersey that looks quite like that!

Twin Mama said...

Thanks! This time of year I do feel like we're living in some sort of Alpine Disneyland. Of course, we earn it with 6+ months of snow and ice. I took those pictures where the Donner Party spent the winter knawing on each other to stay alive...