
As I mentioned yesterday, my brother, Jason, visited this weekend for the first time in many months. We had a very nice time cooking and baking - Jason loves to cook and is good at it. Plus, I've been minorly obsessed with cake decorating since I've been pouring over a cake decorating book in preparation for Kate and Maya's big birthday bash next weekend. So, we made a fancy chocolate/raspberry cake in honor of our Uncle Maury's birthday which we helped to celebrate today. The cake came out quite tasty and didn't look so bad either so I'm feeling good about my chances of the girls' birthday cake turning out okay, too.
The girls opened their first birthday gifts today because Jason, Uncle Maury and Aunt Bonnie won't be around for their birthday next week. Kate and Maya were very intrigued by the wrapping paper, loved the cards and were very happy to have cool, new toys to play with.
Jason took over my camera this weekend and when I downloaded the photos this evening, I found he took some different and interesting pictures. There are a few strange ones - like this closeup of the cake...

But, he also took some great and artistic shots of the girls like these.
The girls playing on their push bus toy (thanks, Laurel - that's their favorite toy!)
Kate and Maya opening presents.
Maya and I looking in opposite directions. I don't know why, but I love this picture!
Kate examining her birthday cardOh, and can you tell the girls are feeling much better than last week? Thank goodness!
1 comment:
I don't think the cake picture is weird - kind of cool! But then I did take the picture. Hey, thanks so much for letting me stay up there last weekend - it was fun!
Post a Comment