Today was a very busy day as Saturdays around here always seem to be! Kate and Maya attended their friend's first birthday party which was loads of fun. The girls had a blast playing with all the new toys and exploring new environs. And, in very exciting news, Kate took her first "real" steps. She has taken little tiny steps before, but today actually took three big steps in what could almost be called walking.
I guess my girls really are reaching the end of babyhood and fast approaching toddlerhood. I know I probably should be, but I am not scared of the toddler stage (well at least not yet). I was worried about how it would be when Kate and Maya started crawling, how I would feed them solid foods three times a day (plus snacks), how I would deal with them outgrowing their Snap N Go stroller (and the portable infant carseats), etc. - but as each milestone comes and goes, I realize that it ends up not being as scary as I expected. I may change my mind when I have two little ones running in opposite directions - I'll keep you posted.
This week I discovered an amazing resource in our little town - a toy lending library. What a great idea, huh? I borrowed a really cool tumbling set which Kate and Maya have been loving. Here's a rather long video of them crawling and tumbling all around (I expect that only grandmas may watch the whole thing, but I'm too lazy to cut it down to size). Note around 2:30 Maya starts playing one of her favorite games - peekaboo.
No comments:
Post a Comment