Sunday, October 11, 2009

Paying the Price

I think I'm paying the price for the "grateful" post I wrote recently. I wrote how happy I was that both girls were sleeping from 8 PM to 7 AM in the morning and literally the same night Maya came down with a cold and has been sleeping very poorly - waking up throughout the night and crying and wanting to be held. Kate now has the cold and both girls have had diarrhea for over 10 days. We've gone through a Costco size box of diapers in seven days - that's 200 diapers in a week or about 28 diapers a day. On occasion, I have changed five diapers in a row - literally. I'd change one baby and the other one poos and then change that one and the other one poos, etc. I'm so sick of changing diapers on squirmy, strong babies who do not want to lie on their backs for even a few seconds. Oh, yeah, both babies are getting in a few new molars, too.

So, I'm thinking that playgroups and music classes with so many snot nosed toddlers crawling and walking around may not be worth the hassles of dealing with two sick babies at the same time.

When people ask me if having twins is really difficult, I usually say no that it's not that bad. And, usually this is true. However, having twins with diarrhea and colds is actually THAT bad.

Despite all the snot, poo and general lack of sleep, the girls are actually making progress on the walking front. It's kind of hysterical to see both girls toddling around the living room like little baby Frankensteins. They still prefer crawling as their main source of locomotion, but are spending more and more time walking around.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hilarious! I'm not sure if that is the reaction you wanted, but it is oh so much more fun to read about twins and snot and diarrhea than it is to actually clean them! Well, I have not actually cleaned them before, but I am somehow quite sure I'm right!

Miss u guys!